I use heavy whipped cream in this recipe because we are out of butter.
Make 12 standard size muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream (or 3/4 cup whole milk with 1/4 cup oil or melt unsalted butter)
2 ripe medium banana, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
1½ cups blueberry
2 Tbs raw sugar or 2 Tbs granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon mixture (optional)
Non stick 12-cup regular muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 oF with a rack at middle position. Grease muffin cups with oil or cooking spray or line with paper liner. I drop a few drops of oil into a cup and smear it around with my index finger. If you do not have paper liner and use aluminum muffin cups: after oil the cups, put a little flour in the cup and shake it gently so flour will cover the bottom and sides which help to remove the muffins easier.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, heavy cream in a bowl just to incorporate. Stir in mashed banana, vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combine. The batter is slightly thick. Fold in 1 cup blueberry.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. They will be full. Top with remaining 1/2 cup blueberry, press down to adhere. Sprinkle with raw sugar or cinnamon sugar if use.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean 18-20 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove and cool on a cooling rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Store at room temperature for 2 days or freeze up to 1 month.