It is a great joy for avocado Guacamole lovers. To my friends in Vietnam, Chipotle is a chain Mexican restaurant in America and other countries specializing in burritos and tacos. The original recipe is at their website. However, my daughter likes tomato more than Jalapeno pepper so we add a chopped plum tomato instead of Jalapeno pepper with an extra pinch of salt.
2 ripe Haas avocados,
2 tsp lime juice
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 chopped jalapeno pepper including seeds
Corn tortilla chips to serve
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand) and be green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Be careful.
- Scoop avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss with lime juice
- Add salt and use a fork mash to a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Do not add too much salt because the chips are salty.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. It is best to serve fresh the same day it is made but left over can be stored in the fridge in an air tight container with a plastic wrap pressed firm and directly on the surface or a thin layer of water up to 3 days. Pour water out and stir it up when serving if use water.